Thursday, April 1, 2010

First day in Macau


You know you are in China, when you sign onto google and it's completely and Chinese characters. I guess Google and China are friends after all.

I would love to complain about the travel and talk about how strange and bizarre this all is but these are the facts: I made it 50 minutes to Newark with a 5 hour layover, then 15+ hours to Hong Kong including a brief layover and an unnecessarily long ferry ride to Macau. I feel bad-ass! I went to bed at 1am and woke up at 7am with an eagerness to start the day. I have no idea when jet-lag will hit so I will just wait and see. (Photos: Hong Kong airport at night, and 2 views for outside in my 13th floor room.)

What I have: a hotel room for 2 weeks, internet, money (Hong Kong dollars and Macau Pacatas), and an eager attitude

What I need: food, a cell phone, an apartment, swim cap, and direction

Here's to new beginnings!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nia! I can't wait to follow your adventure! Glad you made it over there safely! <3 Amanda

    ReplyDelete