Sunday, May 29, 2011

Still here

It's difficult to see the sunset here. You have to be in the right place at the right time. Usually while the sun is setting, I am leaving work. Depending on whether the sky is clear, I may be able to catch a glimpse of the sun descending just before it is covered by the mountains. I captured this moment on my way home one evening.

This one idea makes me think of my life here. I just catch a glimpse while missing the greater picture. Life here is perfect, almost too perfect. I get a good salary, living expenses are reasonable, I can travel every week, there is a fusion of culture, and it's different. Macau has given me a glimpse of life and caused me to reflect on what I want, my true desires. I could be satisfied with what I have here, but deep down I know there is so much more. I want to see what is behind the mountain, I want the complete view and not just a glimpse...


No comments:

Post a Comment