Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Out-of-towners

I am at home now, in Macau, living out of my backpack. Actually, I am choosing to live out of a bag because it's much easier. My parents are in town this week. They are experiencing life on the other side of the world. What is weird, new, and different to them is actually normal life to me. I have been here almost a year and the place is starting to get less strange. It's great having them here. They are so quirky and fun, much cooler than I. Being around them defines me more and more.

We explored Hong Kong and saw a few of the many sights there are to see. We walked and walked, which felt terrible and great simultaneously. A funny thing is we kept having to stop and find a toilet. Though I felt inconvenienced by this fact, I usually I had to go every time. I wonder what the means? The great thing is when you gotta go, I will almost always be able to find a place in Hong Kong or Macau. My apologies in advanced for the squatty potties, but you get used to them.

Next on the agenda: Explore Macau, and then off to Singapore. We have a full trip and are not even half way there. So far so good, and they are still smiling...


No comments:

Post a Comment