Sunday, December 5, 2010

Borneo

It's been a long time since my last entry. I will do my best to pick up where I left off. On my most recent trip, I ventured further out. It was a perfect getaway that left me wanting more.

The only reason I knew about Borneo was because of a friend I met in Guangzhou, China. He was so excited about this place he had been and he even had the pictures to show. I was convinced then even though it look me a long time after to buy my ticket. Now some more of my money is gone and I have beautiful memories instead.

Borneo is the 3rd largest island in the world behind Greenland and Australia. It consists of 3 countries: Malaysia, Indonesia, and Brunei. I went to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah which is in Malaysia. For those who know more about Borneo then me, I already know that it's not even close to the nice area of Sabah. Still, I was not disappointed in surroundings. My time was short so I made the most out of where I was. I went diving for the first time in my life and also laid on the beach and stared out at the ocean. I think I always knew I was a coastal person, but visiting Borneo has confirmed this fact for me and left me with no doubt. I made goals for myself while I was there which were not all entirely met, but I did successfully watch a sunset which is hard to do in Macau.



No comments:

Post a Comment