Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Japanese: A Rich Culture

The Japanese are wonderful people. They are constantly thanking you. The bus driver thanks someone every time he stops; when you walk into a store the employees greet you and also when you leave; people bow (more like a nod) and say hello wherever you go; and even when you go into a restaurant and try to communicate with no success, they are still thankful you came. I was at the airport trying to change my ticket and I got some wrong information. The woman ran up to me, apologized, and corrected her mistake. What!? It all seems so genuine. After some self-reflection, I feel rude.

It's unbelievable. I have never been to a place like this in my life. Everything has the upmost quality, which is probably why they are so successful and wealthy. Even after a disaster, the people are so beautiful. No, they are wonderful. I do not doubt that they will make a strong recovery. I was thanked so much for being in their country visiting. I didn't meet anyone who wasn't having a good time.

All the streets are so clean! I have never seen cleaner streets anywhere else besides Germany and that was in small towns. They have a very organized method of recycling. I was always very conscience of what I was throwing away and how I did it. I rode a bike for two days while in Kyoto and I kept stopping and noticing all the house exteriors were so clean. I rubbed one with my figure and it was virtually spotless.

Kyoto has all the things I love in life squished together in one package. I am still impressed. I am thinking of starting a "You Must Go To Japan" campaign. I don't think anyone would be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment